Book Reviews

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bad Girls of the Bible

Women of the Bible are Boring!


     Yep, women of the Bible, how boring a subject is that?  My thoughts, summed up totally, until I made the wonderful discovery of Liz Curtis Higgs book, Bad Girls of the Bible.  I had the pleasure of shopping at my favorite mall aka thrift store.   Excitingly, found this book, by God intervention I feet.  I would of never read it, except it was cheap and I love a good bargain. 
     Reading is a passion of mine, the expense my husband doesn't agree with.  The first place to see when shopping for me, is the book isle.  My opinion has been changed regarding women and the bible since finishing this book.  Liz Curtis Higgs was able to bring these women alive and show what how entertaining and realistic to our times as they ever were in Bible days.  If you are interested in a good romance, thriller, drama, or soap opera, ,this book is for you!
     Liz Curtis Higgs is able to bring Eve, Potiphar's Wife, Lots Wife, Delilah, Sapphira, Rehab, Jazebel,  and Michael into the here and now as was there and then.  I was so surprised to see that our sinful desires are no match,  or new for the biblical world.  The Biblical women could of made a better soap opera then our generation ever thought of making, with a sold out crowd.  I never knew how exciting the bible really could be until I picked up this book.
     I would highly recommend this book, it kept me glued from page one.   I devoured this book in a day.  I can say this was the book that lead to my quest for new enlightenment in my Christian faith.  Liz Curtis Higgs has a way of bringing you into these women's lives with humor and reality.  If you want a book to enlighten your life, keep you up late into the night reading, and make a difference, pick up this book and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment